Friday, April 3, 2015

MARCH 9, 2015

MARCH 9, 2015
things have been going well here in del rio. my companion elder trowbridge and i will be staying together for at least another 6 weeks, so we're pretty stoked about that. we've been doing a lot of the stereotypical mormon missionary things the past couple weeks looking for people to teach...we've been knocking on doors, walking around, talking to everybody, and knocking more doors haha. it's been pretty cool. as long as you got a cool companion, missionary work is easy. it doesn't matter how interested people are or how many people you're teaching...as long as you and your companion are tight, you're gonna have a good time. i've been putting a pretty big focus on my studies lately, especially spanish. it's been a little frustrating..my spanish ability is pretty mediocre. i've been studying and studying, and i fancy myself as a fairly intelligent guy, but my studies haven't availed to a whole ton. but that's probably because i'm putting more faith in myself than the man upstairs...reminds me of this scripture:

Ether 12:27

"And if men come unto me will show unto them their weaknessgive unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves
before me, and have faith in me, then will make weak things become strong unto them."

and also Jacob 4:7

"Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we
 may know that it is by his graceand his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do thesthings."

so there's my problem, probably haha. i should definitely be humbling myself a little more and realize that with the Lord's help i can learn this language a whole lot faster than i could on my own haha. so yeah, i might be pretty quick to learn stuff usually, but maybe spanish just aint my gig...hopefully it gets better in the upcoming couple weeks though :D

anyways, hope everything is going well with yall! have a great week! love ya!

Elder Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment