Monday, June 2, 2014

TRANSFERRED AGAIN!


May 19, 2014

Alright! So, a lot has happened this week here in the life of Mason Snow. First of all, I got transferred again! I know! Say it ain't so; I was only in my last area for 6 weeks.  But, I guess the Lord needed me somewhere else. The last day in 1st ward (my last area), though, I had the opportunity to bear my testimony to “W, C, and S”. They seemed to be really digging it, and at the end they told me they were going to do their best to be baptized as soon as possible so I could come to see them all go through the temple. It was a wonderful experience, I’ll tell you what.  I hope that was the reason I went to that area.  I hope that just bearing my simple testimony was enough to help out those people. 

Now I'm in the Parkwood area! Oh, it's fantastic. It’s actually very nice. We have a beautiful church building, a very strong, active family ward, and the members take really really good care of us. We get fed every night, which is weird because I wasn't really getting fed too often my last area, but that's okay, it was helping me with my goal to lose weight :).

Everything is fantastic about my area, except one thing...it's full bike. ahhhh! I hate the bike. hahah it's okay, though, because it's not too tough to ride the bike here, we have lots of bike trails and just other dirt trails that are really fun to ride, so it makes it quite enjoyable.  Plus, my shedding a few pounds definitely helps me get up some of those hills haha. 

My new companion is Elder Vega. He is legiiiiiiiiit. He's this big ole guy from Chile (well, his parents are; he was actually born in West Valley Utah, but he's fluent in Spanish).  He was a bodybuilder before the mission. He's like really really strong. Working out has gotten significantly more intense in the morning. I went from waking up at about 6:15, 6:30 to work out, to now waking up at 5:45 to work out with him!  He goes hard, too. It's nuts. Between that and the biking and eating healthier…I should be getting ripped!

But, no really we're working very hard; I come home just positively exhausted at night. We work hard and we're already seeing the fruits of our labors - we've already found a couple investigators and we've invited a couple to be baptized!  It's awesome. We're also working with a family of 5 in this area, and it seems like they'll be baptized very soon. It’s possible that we'll have at least 7 people baptized in the next month or two; we're super super excited! 

I haven't had a whole ton happen so far, but I'll tell you real quick about one cool thing that happened. We went to dinner with Sister “B” on Friday night, and she told us that she'd have a nonmember there so we could come for dinner. She was coming back to church and she wanted him to learn more about it. After dinner we taught the restoration, and I felt prompted to ask “J” to be baptized after our short little 10 minute restoration lesson. He looked at Sister B, looked at us, looked back at her, and then looked at us and said "...yes! yes I'll be baptized." it caught me by surprise.  I guess I lacked in faith a little bit but we still went for it and bam, he accepted! He said we could come over twice a week to have lessons, and we're going to set him with a date at our next lesson.  We really didn't know we were going to invite him; it kind of just happened.  We're thinking about setting him for June 14th, so I’ll let you know next week how that goes!

All in all, this has been a fantastic week. Thank you for your prayers and thank you for all of your support!

fyi, my new address is:  6298 Lockhill #803 SA TX 78240.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment