Monday, June 2, 2014

WORKING HARD & GETTING IN SHAPE


May 26, 2014

Elder Snow with Elder Gray at last transfer meeting
hello hello! Another great week in the life of elder snow! Man, Elder Vega and I have been working hard this week, and because of that we've been able to see a lot of miracles! It's really been great.

So, to start things off, let me just reiterate how tired I am all the time haha. I wake up about 5:40 to work out with Mr. bodybuilder Elder Vega EVERY morning.  Then, we bike all day. One day, we had to bike out to the farthest part in our area..TWICE. We actually did that twice this week, but anyway… As we were riding home the second time, about to approach this huge hill, I just thought to myself "there’s no way. there’s no way I can do this right now, I am SO exhausted.  If I try to ride up this hill right now I'm just gonna die." And, literally as soon as that thought registered, a guy in a truck next to me yells out "hey, do y'all need a ride?" And I, without even knowing this guy or thinking about it was just like "yep, absolutely, we'll take a ride!" And, so he pulled over. Elder Vega catches up to me and is like "what's going on" and I was like "some guy asked us if we needed a ride. I don't know who he is, but I said “yes" and he was just like, uhh okay. So we ride up to the guy and he was like "oh man, its brother Ellis!" We tossed our bikes in the truck, and he gave us a ride and broke open a big bag of sour patch and we pigged out on sour patch on the way back haha. Oh man, it was so great. Miracles for working hard, tender mercies every day, it's great!

So, two people we're teaching right now - the “M” family, a family of 7 (5 of baptismal age), and “J.” We had two lessons with each of them this week, and they were FANTASTIC. They're all so golden! We just found “J” last week, and as we met with him this week we committed him to be baptized on the 14th of june. It's fantastic.

We taught him the word of wisdom and law of chastity, and the plan of salvation, and he has NO problems with the word of wisdom. He's 25! We were like whaaaat? And, he loved the plan of salvation. He said it made so much sense. it was fantastic. The law of chastity he committed to live, he was even the one who asked us to teach him about it so he could know what he was/wasn't doing right. He's so insanely golden, it's so awesome. I love that guy so much. I'm so excited to see him get baptized!

Next is the “M” family. I can't even tell you how solid they are. They have us over twice a week, and they've come to church EVERY WEEK FOR TWO MONTHS. They haven't missed once, and they stay for ALL of church! It's so crazy. They love it. We taught them some commandments, and sister “M” and all her kids are all ready to be baptized...brother “M” isn't quite ready yet, but he's super close. They’re all so close to be baptized, it's crazy. Sister mcnary straight up told us she wants to be baptized...she reads like 5 chapters of the book of mormon every day, it's insane. she's already in Alma! Man, they're so awesome. We had dinner with them this week, too, and it was delicious. Afterwards, brother “M” had some questions for us and we helped resolve some concerns; we just had a great lesson. i'm so stoked to be working with these people!

So elder Vega and I have been working super hard this week, and it definitely paid off. We pulled off the highest numbers in the zone for the week! We even topped the zone leaders! We were super super excited. The zone set a goal for 80 percent of our lessons to be member presents, and the zone wasn't even close, EXCEPT for our area. We got 80 percent the first week! Oh man it's so great. We're working so hard and being blessed for it, and it's just such a great feeling to be an instrument in the Lords hands.

That's about it for me this week! It's been a great week. I’m having an awesome time, working hard, and getting into better shape! Hope you guys are having as good of a time as I am! Have a great week!

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment